Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Nev sounds like it’s getting cold down your neck of the woods. I noticed when driving to work this morning lots of due on the grass and not by sprinklers and there was a lot of fog clouds hugging the mountains which was lovely. The weather man is saying towards the end of the week the weather is going to get a lot cooler so we should feel it in the mornings given how early we are up in the mornings for work; and expected rain on the weekend.

Glad to hear the builder came back and is almost finished, sure you will be pleased once the works all finished and then you will be thinking of the next jobs you want to get done.

Pleased to have been of help with the Roundup and can’t wait to see your garden project finished.

We will keep trying with the Python Video’s again on the weekend as see if we can come up with something hopefully to reduce the mega bites?

Pleased to hear you liked my Vriesea pictures I posted yesterday, I will get names of them all over the weekend if I remember.

That’s interesting information links you provided on Meyendorffii and I hopped on and checked out the painting on the BCR and read the whole story in word doc; like you say if the experts don’t know how are we to know if we have a true Neo. ‘Meyendorffii’? I will have to see what plants I have in my collection called ‘Meyendorffii’ but at the most I probably only have a couple that jump to mind which is Neo. ‘Meyendorffii Minor’ and ‘Meyendorffii Orange’. That’s a blow out looking at all the brom pics you posted all carrying the name of ‘Meyendorffii’, each and everyone is so different to the other, very confusing indeed but all beautiful plants never the less and I could not pic a favourite because I liked them all.

Hi Teresa pleased to hear you had a lovely time for your Nephews Birthday and a nice day off. I am really looking forward to having Monday off and will use it as a day to rest and recoup after the hectic week we are both having.

Hope your slow cooker swiss steak slow cook dinner turned out great; it was making my mouth water just listening to what goes in it, real comfort food for sure.

Yes I most definitely got a good laugh at ‘Sugar’ Streaking; our two girls like to wear there doggy coats during winter, especially Lexi the Dash hound that only has a thin coat, they look very cute in their jackets and often get people coming over to put them because they can’t resist on how cute they look and they luv getting all the attention.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 - Girls in there coats "not streaking like Sugar" ha ha
Pic 2 - Neo. 'Sam Smith'
Pic 3 - Spot the "Sedge Frog" in our garden, they are the smallest frogs living in our garden
Pic 4 - Black Cockatoo "Gang Gang" - sign of rain coming
Pic 5 - Neo. 'Imperfecta'