Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all.
Its another lovely morning here with a light dew sparkling in the sun on all the plants.
If the day is going to like the last few days, the sun will heat up as the day goes on and be quite hot after lunch.
We had a very warm day last Wednesday, after a misty morning , which shows how variable the weather is.
I left here to go over to Hamilton and had the wipers on with the misty rain , but by the time I was halfway over, the sun was out .
It ended up so warm I was able to leave my cardigan in the car .
Living down in a valley now, I am finding the weather so different to what I was used to at the house. Its only 15 mins to the house, but like driving into another new page in the weather book....lol

Nev, you need to take it easy as the body can sustain numerous invisible lumps & bumps which take days to come out.
I know when I had a fall a few years ago, I was getting aches for weeks after .
It wasnt the hose for me, but a piece of plant stem...
I stepped over a large patch of long leaves but must have stepped on some and when the other foot followed, it caught in few leaves I was standing on. I was on the ground before I knew what was going on. No time to think of falling the right way, just thump.
I had to call for hubby to help me up as I had fallen on the wrong side, which then, was not going to let me move.
Its a worrying thing as we get older ...
Like you, I now carefully watch where my feet are going.

Love vr. Angela and also vr Grafton Sunset and they are two that definitely had to come with me when I moved.
My Angela gets plenty of direct sun all afternoon and is a lovely dark red. I am expecting to see pups as the mother was a prolific pupper.
I have only just cut the flower stem from my Grafton Sunset . It was finally looking shabby.
My little corner of tills are also looking great and liking where they are. No direct sun but lots of light and air.
I will be watching all the broms during the winter as it gets really cold and frosty here.
I will throw a cover of shadecloth over them in winter.

Colleen , lovely to see how the boys have grown.
You broms are looking very healthy too.

Hello Trish, Brian and Shirley..Nice to see all your pretty broms.
My maggies are at the door looking for breakfast, so I had better feed them.
I went over to the house last week and all the maggies there came down looking for food too. They dont forget.
Just a few more old pics today.
More of the bills I used to have. Ellen, Carioca, Euphemie Waterman...

Jean