Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 0 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Good morning everyone. Well I finally got the extra Shade cloth up in the Shade house. Just in time too as it was 42C yesterday. What a stinker. I will be able to make some walking room on the floor now as i can put the broms back up on the REO. I spent most of yesterday making sure the chooks, ducks and geese and galahs had plenty of shade and water. The sprinklers were on for the native birds. The little Northumberland Honeyeater has just come to this region. They are so lovely. The Sulphur Crested Cockatoos land in the large pine trees up the back and eat the seeds from the cones and then drop the cones down. All my Cacti are under the pines so I'm forever getting chewed pinecones out of the pots. Small price to pay to see those magnificent birds larking around. Trish it's always a busy time of the year for people who work away from home isn't it. I hope it slows down a bit for you so that you can catch your breathe. Good luck with your sales on the weekend. Shirley you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful plants. All those pinks and purples must look amazing in real life. Your Mr O'Dean is nothing like the seedlings that I've been raising from Nev. Mine are starting to colour up but nothing like yours. Well Nev, The Neos will keep taunting you for a while yet I would imagine. They won't run away though so will still be there [and larger] when your hand is better. Stay well everyone. a pic of my Mr O'Dean seedlings. Colleen