Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 0 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Good morning everyone. Well the big job of cleaning the plants of dead leaves has started here. I worked nearly all day on them on Wednesday and repacked them to one side. I got done a size of 3mtrx1mtr. The good thing about it though is I found beautiful plants that I'd forgotten about. The SH path is strewn with dead leaves and some empty pots where the resident hasn't made it. There was also so weak looking soft green ones that don't like it here so they're going too. The weather has been really funny here. Storms, a few spots of rain ,sun ,wind and cold sometimes. This flower is my first Guzmania. They don't really like it here. Too hot for them so this one was shoved under the trestle in the SH and forgotten. Maybe not such a bad idea because now I have a flower. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. Hope everyone is well Have a great day. Colleen.