Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
Nev, we are having that odd weather here too.
This morning I looked out and saw it had rained overnight. Must have been quiet as I never heard anything.
Not much but it did wet the ground.
My broms are now all in relative shelter from the summer sun as far as I can get them.
I have not noticed any bleaching from the sun on any except the few that were right out the front. Now they are in the shade of a large rose so should recover eventually.
Some of the ones along the back wall get quite a bit of afternoon sun , but it hasnt bothered them.
I think the ones in the front were getting the sun from first light until after lunch so maybe it is more damaging then than the later sun.
The overall light they all receive is about the same, its just the amount of direct sun which is slightly different.
Checking on the broms still at the house last Saturday and they are all doing very well.
I may have a buyer for some of them with any luck.
I will be glad to see them go to a good home rather than just die.

Now that I have had a chance to have some here for a while,and have seen how they cope, I may swap a few around .

Brian, Tascott looks very nice and restful.

Shirley, your neo Allure is very pretty. I have it here too and it does color nicely.

Nev , I also have a neo Midnight . It is a lovely plant but i am still waiting for it to pup.
Have added pics of it . I must check which one I have.
The first pic was taken last year in May and the second was in Jan this year.
Not great pics but I will get a new one of it later.

Hello Teresa and Trish. I am off again to Hamilton again today. I seem to be spending a lot of time going to & fro.
Enjoy your day everyone and I will try to remember to take the camera next time I go to the house , to get some progress pics of some of the broms over there.

Jean.