Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Voting Booth: In 2014 growing season, this was the superstar in my garden. Do tell us which , 0 by SingingWolf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SingingWolf

In reply to: In 2014 growing season, this was the superstar in my garden. Do tell us which

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of In 2014 growing season, this was the superstar in my garden. Do tell us which
SingingWolf wrote:
Glad to hear of everyone's successes.

Lucie, I have been there and cheered when all my potted plants survived too. :-)

Tracksinsand, persistence pays off, so don't let them dilly's discourage you. I am curious as to how you plan on thwarting the armadillo's in the future. Please share your strategy. :-)

I grew a lot of weeds this year on purpose, and they are doing well. What I was really happy about though, was my passionfruit.

I saw one my sister was growing, and decided that I wanted one too. I found a vine, and kept it in a pot for a couple of years, until I was well enough to plant it in the ground. I chose to plant it inside of the GH, because I didn't know any better. :-)

Oh, boy was it happy this spring. It went nuts. We harvested over 60 passionfruit from it. It was a lot of fun watching the flowers bloom, and the fruits form and ripen.
The hardest part was figuring out how to use, and preserve the fruit. :-|

Three things you can do with the fruit. You can eat it raw, make a juice out of it, or use it for flavoring. I am pretty sure you can make a jelly or jam with it too, but haven't found a recipe yet.

The current vine will die in a year or so, and I have learned my lesson. Do not plant inside the GH, if you don't want it taking over. So I'll be planting the new vines outside in a sheltered location. :-)

WIB~
SW