Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 0 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Was really windy here today, enough to blow my hardhat right off my head today at work LOL.

Not that I want to jinx myself or anything but I don’t seem to be experiencing any issues with DG???

We went out for dinner last night which was nice hence why I did not post; we always find it hard going out on a week night but sometimes if you don’t you end up missing someone’s birthday or celebrations of some sort so we really had to go but we are glad that we did at least make an appearance and we were home just in time for our usual bedtime.

Hi Colleen brrrr minus 2 at your place but pleased to hear it was a beautiful day; how do your broms travel in the weather?

Colleen pleased to hear you liked my vriesea pics; I checked out all my little vriesea seedlings today to give them a feed and was blown away by how well they are all doing as well as all the trays of neo’s I have growing at the moment; I brought all the trays inside to do what I had to do because it was too dark to work outside by the time I got home from work; Joe laughed when he saw our table loaded up with them but like me was thrilled to see how well they are all doing; now where to put them all when they grow up he he. How are you’re seedling going with the weather?

Hi Teresa, hope your feeling much better and great to hear the interview when so well; good on you for researching the company before you’re interview, it’s important to do such research as it helps you naturally gain a better understanding of what the company is all about but it also is a great way in deciding if the shoe fits so to speak as sometime when I have researched companies on the odd occasion the company profile did not feel like a match or the type of company I would want to work for and it helped me in the long run to short list positions I really wanted to target and thoroughly complete those time consuming selection criteria’s to score myself a good job; I used to say secure job but nothing is secure in the job industry now days, times have changed sadly.

Hi Shirley HA HA, pleased to hear you liked the Igloo and the Vriesea that you want to adopt, I am so pleased with the whole set-up and am already noticing a big difference in health and color compared to where I had them and it’s nice to have them covered and not getting damage from debris, leaves etc.; a good majority used to live in our covered outdoor entertainment area but over the years I could see they were struggling in there so moved a lot outside to keep them alive, now in the igloo I will hopefully get to see them really shine and grow to their full potential.

Hi Nev sorry to see you not posting your usually big juicy thread, I do not blame you for spitting the dummy so to speak as I know how frustrating it can be when it’s not working properly. I will see how I go cutting & pasting from Word into DG but first I think I will add my pics.

Anyway time to head as sharing this laptop with Joe still as now his is playing up – issues with new battery he got.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Below Pic is of Vriesea 'White Zombie' - just a pup still.