Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Japanese irises, 0 by ottahand7

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ottahand7

In reply to: Japanese irises

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Japanese irises
ottahand7 wrote:
I love all of your photos. Several years ago the Master Gardeners in Baltimore County got to go dig Irises and Daylilies at the old San Souci Gardens in Monkton. It had been sold and the nice people that bought it didn't want to tend Iris beds so they mowed the paths and left the beds go to weeds. Before it was to be brush hogged they let us come and dig. The experts warned us against wasting our time as they would have borers and be mislabeled. Most all of the Siberians and TBI have matched their signs. I took a few spares of them to our cabin in MI and they have just thrived here - even more so than the ones in MD that I baby spring and fall. Here are three different ones that are blooming or just finished. The first is Pixie Won species X - I nearly missed it because it is tiny and the Centaurea nearly buried it. The second is Crystal Halo and the Pink one I have no idea what it might be. Some of the irises - especially the ones that made it up to MI weren't labeled. Any ideas would be appreciated.