Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 0 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Good morning everyone. Well the boys are back to school today after a very exciting camping trip. We got there about 3pm Thursday and set up camp. We didn't have a tent but a big "Coleman" which goes over the top of our beds and table area. We had another canvas shelter that went ove the top of the trailer and had tarps around two sides South and West to keep the cold out. I took heaps of bedding and I don't remember when I've had such a cosy comfortable camping trip. There were plenty of fish biting but nothing much were keepers. A Bream and the Catfish have to go back and all the small Callop. Plenty of Carp. The boys didn't really care what they caught as long as they were catching something between their bike riding. It rained on the Friday night, quite heavily and Bianca and I were going to get out on Saturday. Bianca was going back to Adelaide as she had other things to do and I was coming back to make sure the animals were okay and to pick up Ben [the dog] and take him for a couple of days camping now that Bianca was taking their dogs home. BUT there was noway for us to get out with all the clay wet. On the Sunday we decided to give it a go. OH BOY> I haven't driven like that for years. Hang on to the steering wheel for dear life and plant the foot and slip and slide from one side of the track to the other. We had about 2k's of this to get through, a little Hyundai and a smaller car, don't know what Bianca drives, Anyway we made it out and Now I had to get back in after picking up Ben. I got to the start of the clay and decided to leave the car there and John came and got me in his 4wheel drive. Thank heavens for mobile phones. The boys had great fun riding through the clay and spraying it up behind their bikes but they didn't like that they had to wash them all down when we got home. That's life. Mosdt of the camping gear has been put away now but I still have the washing to do. It won't run away I'm sure. The guy who is going to take the cactus came yesterday and wants to start picking them up next Wednesday. Yikes I have to get all the ones that I want to keep out and leave all the ones that are going and he will just take the lot. I'm going to be busy. Well time to get the boys up so must go. Hope everyone is well. Colleen