Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: I can't stand it!, 0 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: I can't stand it!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of I can't stand it!
pirl wrote:
So glad you found it and found such great prices as well. Investigating bog plants will keep you busy until spring is here in full force.

If you can find some Chickity Doo Doo, as opposed to a heavy bag of manure, it's been the ideal answer for me. It's light in weight, does the manure job and fertilizes, and it's easy to use (still smells). Available at Home Depot, Menard's, Amazon and around the northeast at Agway.

The bees would stop most of us from any work.

Seems like Sally squirrel found a way to keep warm during the cold weather!

I'm happy Karma taught the new cat the ropes but so sorry you lost Karma.

You can get some fun exercise tossing the vinyl netting into the tree and then securing it. In time the clematis will pull down the branch of the cherry tree so try and get it attached securely to a strong branch so the impact won't be too great.

It will be a grand total of 76 lilies plus some I bought bagged at HD. That's far better than the more than 200 I bought a few years ago!

Thanks for your comment. It's just too much sun and we have added three trees in one year but it all takes time to give me some shade.

I hope I can fit some of the new lilies in here!