Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs, 0 by cocobid

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cocobid

In reply to: Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs
cocobid wrote:
Gordon Hi How is the kitten? Adorable!!!!!!!

Was down in the Brug house Friday and our spring leaves are emerging. I pray for an early cold snap in there to loose the nasty worn our Texas summer leaves. They do nothing but set up a breeding ground for bugs. Everything is fresh in there. Bougainvilleas are strutting there stuff. Not sure if this is a good thing...but Plumerias are showing claws??? it is only 2-2.

The Pic of my Husband on Plumeria row stretches about 40ft, we layer in different sizes. In one of the pics you can see a very small plumeria planted under the giants...and the little ones bloomed like crazy. This year I'm also adding back behind the tallest Plumies some Orange Giant Amaranth & Love-Lies-Bleeding - Red & Green Amaranth should look really neat. The tallest ones without leaves around 14'.

Our Brugs have there own part of the garden shaded from West Texas sun, it just cooks them. We rarely plant Brugs in the ground. This year due to the shade the tall plumies generate I'll be able to plant a couple of Brugs under their canopy. The summer of 11 I put patio umbrellas in the pots creating shade..it was just a rough year.

We will do a complete pot empty of soil this year. Meaning we remove most of the soil from root bound pots and starting fresh. This year we will be experimenting with adding Coir to our soil mixture. Watersorb we have used forever..really helps. At the end of the day...it is all about soil..