Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Winter just means we're closer to spring, 0 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Winter just means we're closer to spring

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter just means we're closer to spring
pirl wrote:
I have to move three because they were at the front and sides of the tuteur, which has to be moved to the outside of the garden. Another trio just gets too much competition from the Jackmanii behind it. Then there are more at the rear fence that I don't get to see unless I work my way back there - that wasn't good planning on my part. Two more should get moved but we'll see how well my energy level does.

In August I began my coleus cuttings and I'm thrilled I did it back then and didn't wait until I was rushed later in the year.

All in all I do expect this to be the best year ever for the gardens but, like Marie, I need the cooperation of my back. It's that half stooped position that is the killer for my back and the doctor just annoys me when he tells me not to do it. Am I supposed to leave jobs requiring me to be leaning over, undone? He's not a gardener and can't understand the problem.

If I work on the attached brick planters early in the day, I'm lost for the balance of the day. A few weeks ago, on a beautiful day, I cleaned out all the old plants and the planters are in great shape for spring planting...if I can get it done. Maybe just using a few coleuses would be easiest...or a lot more driftwood!