Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Projects Summer 2013, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Projects Summer 2013

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Projects Summer 2013
HollyAnnS wrote:
Beware, Beware of "Free things." It all started last year with a couple of free waterlilies from Texas Waterlilies, the result of a shipping error. So I picked up a small round preformed pond liner which turned into a nice sized water feature project. Then earlier this year I found the free kidney shaped preformed pond liner. So I dug in to just add it to the side of the existing water feature. Then I started to think about making a small water fall of some sort to run down the hill into it, and maybe a nice size pond at the top to feed the water fall. Yeah, you all know how that goes it just grows and grows. LOL So today I started to remove the sod from the area where the water fall is going. I want to make large leaf molds so the water can tumble from one to another one and I thought if I just remove the sod then when I get the leaf molds made I can play around with setting them in the loose dirt where I want them. And while I am at it I might as well just remove the sod where the larger pond will go, too. So I have spent a good bit of the day digging sod and moving it to the area behind the barn where I need to fill in the spot where the new chickie pen is going. We need to raise that area a bit and the sod will work very well for that. So I am just in taking a break going to go back out and hopefully finish but you can see what I got done this morning. Once I have the sod moved I will be done digging until I get the leaf molds done (another project). I know you have seen a few of these pictures already but this is what I have gotten done so far.