Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Fall Swap 2013 at Sallygs Haves and Wants Discussion, 0 by happy_macomb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happy_macomb

In reply to: Fall Swap 2013 at Sallygs Haves and Wants Discussion

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Fall Swap 2013 at Sallygs  Haves and Wants Discussion
happy_macomb wrote:
Gita: Thanks! I have a hosta area in the back that I populated with the hostas you and Roses gave me at the last swap, but it is only half full so I am continuing to add to it!

The photo is of maybe 4 Monarda plants, plants as babies from Santa Rosa just last fall. They don't look like much because they are on my awful front hill (I took the photo with myself propped up below the plants), and I haven't deadheaded them all season. All the blossoms are well past their prime. I took a photo of the best remaining blossom of the lot, but even it has lost most of its petals. This cultivar (Raspberry Wine) got high reviews in the Chicago Botanical trials. It seems very mildew resistant -- it is showing a little mildew now but it is late in the season and with all the misty rain coupled with summer drought it has been a bad year for mildew.