Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites, 0 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites
DonnaMack wrote:
Starting from scratch can be great, can't it? That's what I did at my last house. No need to undo the mistakes of others. Nothing ho hum. I would go through books just to see what I like. Then I'd figure out whether I could grow it. Then where to put it. And what to add to it.

It sounds to me like you did the same thing. I am in an older community now and everyone seems to have done all their planting after examining the yards around them. So lots of hostas and daylilies and Rose of Sharon and yuccas. But almost no roses other than Dr. Huey, the root stock used for many hybrid teas. I pulled out some suckering thorny Crimsom Pygmy barberries and put in a deutzia Chardonnay Pearls I was gifted. Sweet little thing. Completely hardy. And I see it nowhere else.

Watching it go through its bloom sequence is fun. And in full flower, it's white!!!