Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: flower garden design help, 0 by beelady13

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright beelady13

In reply to: flower garden design help

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of flower garden design help
beelady13 wrote:
Thanks everyone :) Here is some more information -

I am keeping what I pulled out, just filling up another bed with it all :) My DH would like more color out front and what I had really just did not look good, especially with how I placed it.

This bed faces west, has sun from noon until sunset. I am filling the bed with compost (from a local landscaper) tomorrow (just hooked the trailer up - yeeeha!)

I am at a loss as to how to fill the circle on the end, provide bright ongoing color and have it looking nice....this bed is kinda stressing me out lol because I want DH to be happy with it.

Suggestions on how to lay this out would be very, very appreciated. I will check into the trellis idea, not sure if that will fit my budget though. I can buy plants that are $10+/- like daylillies, veronica etc....the trellis' that I saw were $20+ and I am not sure where I can find vines right now. (I have canaray creeper and morning glories all over our porch though...hmmmmm maybe I can move them)

I saw rose bushes are marked down right now, what do you folks think of a rose bush in the circle on the end?

Just cannot seem to visualize how the end circle part will fit in...and I sure don't want to pull plants out again :/ Felt pretty sad doing that this evening...but having good soil in it tomorrow is something to look forward to!