Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 0 by brombirdie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brombirdie

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
brombirdie wrote:
Good morning everyone, still raining here but fingers crossed we might see some sun tomorrow.
Jean I love your 2 different Pink Mosaics. Very much like one I have called Neo Galaxy. Good luck with your Vr Kiwi Cream. Mine never seems to do well, just quills in the centre and looks raggy despite lots of moves. I bought it very early and I think they were initially tissue cultured so they seem to be much tougher now. Wendy has one and it's huge and beautiful. I hate to tell you Jean but you are definitely a bromoholic. Not only are you thinking about broms but also about ways to hang more up.
Love your ornaments Sue. You're very artistic. Very clever way of hanging lots. You've given me some ideas. Good guess on the Aechmeas, 1 out of 2. The dark one is Belizia. Hard to tell in a photo but it's a bit bigger than Pica and has wrinkly leaves. I don't feel any richer so I must be famous.
Thanks for your photos Cody. It's great seeing other places. I know what you mean about sons and danger. My 20 yr old has just bought a powerful motorbike and I dread him riding it. Lots of sleepless nights coming up.
Beautiful Neophytms Bree. Their colours are amazing and they're tough as old boots if you can find a nice bright spot and leave them alone.
Nev I loved the photos of your Rainbow lorikeets. They are such opiniated little birds. Ray says you should open the Shellharbour Wildlife sanctuary. I'll start a list for your Bills Nev but most of them are only new so it could be a while. I'm not totally convinced I like the variegated Hallelujah yet. Looks very like Bellesima with less white to me. Great photos of some of Lisa Vinzent's hybrids. She has crossed such a wide variety of genera. The variegated Splendens looks just like my Vr Galaxy. Are they just different names for the same plant? I agree that Lily's Bill looks like brasiliensis.(Welcome Lily-love). I've got about 50 seedlings of them from a batch of seed Wendy bought from some seedbank overseas. And also pallidiflora which is the new name for Bill. mexicana. Hope you are enjoying your time with your family Nev.
Your new garden looks great Ian. Good job. Hope you are feeling a bit better Trish. I'm not game to go back to the previous page to look at your photos because I almost lost everything I'd written. Lucky I'd copied it onto the clipboard.
Shirley, I bet you are hoping the rain stops soon. It can't be much fun travelling in the rain with a puppy.
Sorry if I've missed anyone. I'm looking forward to Friday because the big Nambour Garden Show is on. I haven't been before but it's supposed to be very good. For a $16 entry fee it had better be. I could buy a brom with that!
Photos are 1. Neo Galaxy for Jean, 2. Vriesea Galaxy and 3 and 4 Billbergia Bellesima for Nev 5. bigeneric Guzvriesea Happa Rose