Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Belle's Haven "GARDEN" 2013, 0 by bellieg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bellieg

In reply to: Belle's Haven "GARDEN" 2013

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Belle's Haven "GARDEN" 2013
bellieg wrote:
I do help pot and buy all the soil and dirt. I think the composting which is a way of life for us makes our plants healthy and robust.

One thing too is there is hardly any weeds because the mulch are thick.

Will edit in few days. Girls outing !!!

Thank you Weenel

Belle
#1Same bed at one side of sun room. I have potted hosta, assorted perinnials and mottled black alocasia that comes back every year.The drift wood near the kafir lime is from North Carolina.
# 2 same bed , I was hoping the Boston fern that was given by the gardener from the last resort we were in showed but it didn't.The plant was unusual to me because it has clusters of tiny fern leaves at the end of each stalk. I had it indentified and was told that it is a variety of Boston fern.
I am sorry for taking so much time with this thread, went to NYC for 4 days with 45 girls and just arrived from playing golf.
#3 This is a gum ball tree and was surrounded with azaleas but came home one day DH got rid of them. I waited few days what he was gonna do and found a lot of hosta around the tree. He did a good job and I like it!!!
# 4-this picture is showing the banana collection as well as plumeria collection.
#5 same bed and notice the other 5 tier planter. The top has strawberry and the rests are mini hostas.

Good night !!!

Belle

This message was edited Jul 3, 2013 4:58 AM

This message was edited Jul 3, 2013 5:02 AM

This message was edited Jul 3, 2013 8:00 PM