Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Eucalyptus pods, rare acorns, pittosporum sources? , 0 by nik610

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nik610

Subject: Eucalyptus pods, rare acorns, pittosporum sources?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Eucalyptus pods, rare acorns, pittosporum sources?
nik610 wrote:
My parents make natural-material craft ornaments for a museum nature conservancy group. All proceeds go the museum's nature preserve and artwork fund. My parents and the museum volunteers would be so grateful for assistance. They are looking for eucalyptus pods such as the ones in the attached photo. I've searched online for a place to buy some without much luck. Does anyone know where I can buy these pods?

The volunteers have also put me on the hunt for other needed materials included:

pittosporum undulatum (Victorian Box) berries
jacaranda pods
and the most coveted of their requests - acorn caps from the quercus cyclobalanopsis pachyloma (aka Cyclobalanopsis pachyloma (Seemen) Schottky (synonym)).
The tree is native to China and Taiwan. I've attached a photo of the acorn caps (used to make hats for figures).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We are hoping to make connections for sources of material and will gladly pay for material and the mailing costs.

Thanks!

Nicole