Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Who's ordering what for spring '13?, 0 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Who's ordering what for spring '13?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Who's ordering what for spring '13?
DonnaMack wrote:
They were separated, but not by much. Perhaps 20 feet. Here is the compactum trilobum 'Spring Green'. Small enough to tuck in a corner. And unfortunately my only fall pic was marred by flash, but I think you can have a sense of the fall color. These images were taken over 3 years. It stays small.

And next to it, two dentatum Chicago Lustre. One would have been plenty. It suckers like mad and I was pruning it all the time, but didn't mind. My community had several of the species, and they were nice plants, but lacked the tremendous vigor and beauty of these guys. I can't show you the berries because it was always stripped in days.

I also had a carlesi (supposedly a compactum but a giant) and a prunifolium.

I'm just thrilled that you directed me to a source that would provide the two plants, since I don't have enough space for multiples of them. And I have alot more shade. I am very grateful to you. I'd love to have more, because as you once truly said, one can never have enough viburnums!