Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Consolida or Delphinium, 0 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Consolida or Delphinium

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Consolida or Delphinium
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
LOL...I make cages out of wire fencing....thinking it was 36 or maybe 48", they sell in rolls at Home Depot for around $20, probably less, and they are 10-20ft in length. Might even be longer than that....It's been years since I've bought any, also use it to make Peony cages, for floppers.. Use wire cutters to snip off a section and if need be I cut out in between wire to make pins to sink into the ground..hope that make sense.... There are various sizes available from chicken wire (1") to fencing up to 2" wide squares. Remember if you try it, get a size the you can fit your hand into in case you need to do some weeding or deadheading, lol, sometimes you find these things out the wrong way!!! And if I need to make it stable cuz it's tall, I use pieces of rebar that has been cut into length (2,4,6ft sections, again Home Depot, from $2-$6 or get a 20ft er and use a hacksaw) Rebar is located in the section with cement and concrete products. Lol. I even use rebar wire for my fencing, think it comes in a roll 200ft for less than $4. It's amazing for what you can find on the cheap if needed.....

Pix: Have wired 10ft lenghts of rebar to t-posts and strung rebar wire at 18" intervals, 'spose to keep the deer from jumpng, lol, but added a second fence (which they are suppose to hate) and have run electric fence wire (not up in pix but is hooked to the yellow thingies. The open dirt area in between the two now has Iris g. which the deer never bother. It's amazing what you'll do just to have some flowers!!! LOL.