Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring Plant Swappers Mad for Glads?, 0 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

Subject: Spring Plant Swappers Mad for Glads?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Plant Swappers  Mad for Glads?
critterologist wrote:
Another Group Buy opportunity, this time for Gladiolus!

Like the Lily buy, this offer is open to people who are planning to go to the spring plant swap, or people who can swing by my place in Frederick after the first week in May to pick up their part of the order. My apologies to others who would like to participate, but I've just been too distracted lately to get into mailing bulbs. Of course, you can always team up with somebody else who is willing to pick up your bulbs, maybe even to mail them.

A lot of the Gladiolus varieties on the ADR site are listed as available in trays of 500 and not in smaller bags. I don't think we, even as a group, can use 500 of any one kind of gladiolus!

However, ADR also offers "collections" with several varieties of gladiolus (separately bagged) as well as mixed assortments that might work for us.

Let's try it and see if we can split up a collection between several of us. Worst case, we'll drop the glads from our spring order and stick with the lilies.

Bear with me, I'm going to add some details in the next post, and then we can get started. As with the lilies, we're going to start with a tray of glads that I choose, because I figure that's my reward for organizing a wholesale purchase. :-)