Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 0 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
bromishy wrote:
Evening All

Wow it's sticky muggy here, we need some rain to cool things off for a bit but as soon as the sun comes out so does sticky muggy moreso.

Thought I better post correct Pic of Ae Mirlo (not Neo Mirlo) as it did not get around to doing this yesterday as we ended up having unexpected visitors that turned up.

Thanks everyone for helping with identifying some of the NOIDS I recently purchased, the seller did yell out the names of some of the broms that did not have labels and I thought I would remember them because they sounded easy enough to remember but by the time we got home I was buggered and my brain had gone to sleep lol. but as soon as you guys identified some of the names they rang a bell straight away and I went ah yes that’s what she had called them at the time. So anyway they now have a label which is great, so many thanks.

Yeah Sue Neo De Rolph is a large plant with a lot more colouring up to do. Sue we purchased all the broms from a lady in F/N Qld who was selling up because she is moving, we stumbled across her place many months ago when we went on a bit of a road trip and she had a small inconspicuous brom sign out the front of her place and told us on that visit that she would be moving and at some stage would be selling up so I gave her our contact info and she contacted us out of the blue which was great and we managed to get in early before everyone one else because we got there on Friday and her sale was not until Sat/Sun. Anyway I am really going to miss buying from her because she is a really kind and genuine person and was so passionate about her bromeliads and sad that she had to get rid of most of them. She has kept a small collection of her favourites to take with her which I was pleased to see as I could think of nothing worse than getting rid of them – all those beautiful broms. Anyway I said to her that if she was ever up this way to come and visit us and some of her brom babies that I have adopted as I said to her you never know circumstances may change and she may get back into collecting them heavily again and hopefully I would have pups to share with her to get her collection happening again. Joe said it was lucky for him that we did not live next door to her as I would constantly be over her place buying broms lol.

Sue and Nev, I discovered yesterday one teeny tiny little pup (about ½ cm) just coming out of Neo Kismet (not Mirlo lol) so Sue because you got in early I will keep this pup aside for you and let you know when it has grown up enough to be separated and sent to you - yeah. Nev by all means you will be next in line for any others that stick their pretty head up and I will try to hurry them along for you somehow, maybe if I keep talking to them nicely – you never know. I have written you both in my book so I don’t forget.

Nev in regards to sending me a Neo Prince of Darkness, I will D-Mail you with my postal address this week – thanks so very much.

I laughed out loud Nev when you said I am going into competition with Sue getting lots of broms, Sue wins hands down looking at the trailer/car loads she brought back, I don’t think our yard could handle that amount of broms and I seriously would not have the time to be able to look after them all properly and if I can’t look after something properly I get very annoyed and frustrated with myself, at the moment everything is easy to manage with the current amount of broms I have and the garden absorbs them well and the weeds are under control which is great so I am happy and get to enjoy the reward sitting back and admiring them all.

Bree really liked your NOID Pic 4, I wonder what it is? Bree my Neo Amazing Grace is in flower at the moment which is hot pink in the centre, really nice indeed.

Ian that Neo Tricolour Perfector is gorgeous – what a huge health plant it is. You have a beautiful collection their taking over you swimming pool area, how nice it must look when you go for a swim seeing all that colour around you.

Wendy really liked your pic of Neo Bob & Grace (sport); I have a pup that still has a lot of growing up to do so I will be thrilled to see if it turns out as beautiful as the pic you posted; only time will tell.

Shirley hope you get your modem back up and running soon we miss you and seeing your beautiful pics.

Only one pic tonight of Ae Mirlo.

Anyway time to put the kettle on.

Take care everyone, speak soon and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 Ae Mirlo