Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 0 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
works4me wrote:
Morning everyone, it’s not often I can say that, it’s normally very late at night when I get to DG. It’s raining here at the moment and I can’t do anything in the gardens or shadehouses.

I have just finished planting up the seed that I prepared the coco peat for yesterday. As I said last night, everything was ‘all set to go’ … just one problem … what the bloody hell did I do with the seed when I finished up yesterday. I know I put them in a ‘safe place’ but where!!! It took me around 2 hours to find them. I was getting so frustrated, I even went thru the bins in case they somehow got mixed up with rubbish. Anyway, I‘ve found them now and am so relieved. I get so agro with myself when this happens, mind you, it’s happening more and more often. All done now though, much happier with myself.

Sue, thanks for the info on the till seed. I think it’s wonderful that your friend in the caravan park has such a lovely brom garden and that you are helping to extend it into the BBQ and park area, and donating plants. I’m sure many visitors to the park will enjoy it. Hopefully, none of the people who visit Wendy and pinch her broms go caravanning and knock them off.

What a beautiful butterfly, Sue, how quick were you to photograph it … also love your till Xmas tree.

Bree, you made a good buy with your vr Dillings Black Beauty. I would love one of your neo Fairytale pups if you find you have an excess and perhaps I can send you a neo Enchantment pup (when they develop).

Nev, just to let you know … I would be more than happy to ‘foster’ some of your vriesea seedlings. Vr Milky Way x Uluru Sunset sounds like it should be a nice one but I would be happy to accommodate any of the ones you mention should you want to billot some of them :o)

I will try placing a saucer under one of my vr Ospinae as it’s never looked happy … maybe that will help. Love your pics.

We know where Wendy and Johnny are today but where are Trish and Ian. Hope you are both good.

Anyhow, I will try to get back later tonight, bye for now

Shirley

Pic is neo ‘Little Faith’, thanks to Sue