Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden.., 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Springtime in the BRUGMANSIA garden..
77sunset wrote:
Love the new name Shaun, it sounds like you live in the sun...lol.

I have been selling plants on eBay on & off for quite a few years. Mainly iris & epis.
I have had the odd idiot, but on the whole, you get used to the regular buyers & sellers .
I try to give accurate descriptions and always use my own pics.
The trick is to give enough info without going into unnecessary details.

I will not buy from anyone who has no pic or a scant description of the item.

I sell and pack as I would want to receive anything.

As always , there are the odd nasties you find in any situation. If you know you are accurate in your listings and pack properly , there should be no problem.
Its hard for beginners, as I know from my experience when first on.
I had a couple of disasters with plants not being what they were sold as.
You soon get to know the ropes.
Always check the sellers ratings as this can be a good guide to their selling attitude..

Shaun, dont let the odd fool put you off. EBay can be a good thing and I have had lots of bargains.

Yes, pics have been used without asking. I had that happen but luckily, when I asked for them to be removed, they were.
There are a few regular shonky sellers who are seemingly ignored by eBay , but once you know them you can avoid them.

Mark your pics with a watermark of some sort. Its not necessary to spoil your pics with ugly watermarks. There are all sorts to use that are not obtrusive. I usually color match mine with the flowers...(see pic)
Can help in stopping pic stealing.

Okay, lecture over for the day.. Sorry for going on and getting off the brugmansia subject, but I hate seeing people being upset by B*** idiots who seem to abound everywhere.

Jean.