Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Passi Q's for Clare mostly, 0 by JLD_II

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JLD_II

Subject: Passi Q's for Clare mostly

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Passi Q's for Clare mostly
JLD_II wrote:
Clare, could you please tell me how you treat/grow your P. Morifolia and P. Amethystina? I have your P. Mollissima and it's doing like yours. That is growing like CRAZY but I've yet to get it to bloom. Now it's getting full sun from morning until about 3pm. I planted it on a trellis that is next to a handrail for my wheelchair ramp on the deck with 1 Lavender Lady(LL cloned so well, I ended up with almost 10+ cuttings). Your Mollissima has choked out the Lavender Lady almost completely wich is OK, I was hoping they could co exist a little better. I have you Amethystina growing in a big pot with 2 others(1 is rylaff's Caerulea hybrid and the other is her Belotti) on the deck in almost full sun all day. They all 3 are doing well but not blooming yet. The Amethystina is more pale green than I think it should be. I don't know if you remember this particular cutting, I think I described it being very tall with only 1 box cut leaf at the tip of a 3 noded stem. Does that ring a bell? That 1 box cut leaf is still there and growing nicely! I'm shocked that cut even rooted let alone keeping that 1 leaf. It grew a TINY vine off the top of that large stem that was very tight noded with teeny tiny leaves. Anyhow, I'm wondering if I should be doing something different or does it just grow a lighter shade of green compared to the other Passi's? How does yours look and grow and how do you treat it? This 1 is so pale and soft to the point of looking limp on shady/rainy days, mainly on the new growth only. I know it's probably fine, I'm just wanting to see it bloom so badly that I'm willing to try something different. Would you please shine a little light on how you grow yours?

I was also a little worried about the Frosty pink brug until now. I put it in the ground and it was really pale and limp plus some bugs were having a feast on it. I fed it with peter's 20-20-20 before vacation and that is exactly what it wanted IMO. It flowered for me really fast but the flowers had almost no color to them. Now I've only seen 1 bloom since getting home and it was such a rich deep pink, I almost would call it reddish. The foliage is now very dark and healthy and it has 2 good sized basal shoots I'm dying to see what they will do. Sadly, I have something feeding on the main/original branch causing this new awesome growth to curl around all the leaves edges and there is signs of a small amount of webbing inside the tighter curls. I hate using broad pesticides(or any at all if I can avoid it) and I'm wondering if you might know what preys on this baby. It's also causing the buds to develope much smaller in length. Here is a picture I took last night of my P. Incarnata. I pickd the flower off the vine and placed it on top of some sedum which is a lighter green so you can see more contrast of color. I find some flower pics turn out better if I take them this way so peoples different monitor's coloring don't show the wrong tintor hue. Please let me know what you think of this 1, I have TONS of it if you'd like it someday(I know your overloaded right now).

Here is a picture of this Frosty pink.