Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: MIRACLE CURE!, 0 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: MIRACLE CURE!

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of MIRACLE CURE!
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Oh Rich, your cracking me up! I cannot believe you still have Dawn in a pot! The next pic I see posted is gonna be 1 your wife takes of you INSIDE the plant after it eats you! Talk about little shop of horrors! I have 1 plant and it is trying to take over my WHOLE vine fence. I cut it way back every friday when we mow & I cannot keep up with it. Remind me to tell you about the soil I am using.

DD, I used to have the same problem with the slugs, but I think I have come up with a solution. At least it has been working for me. I used to put out snail bait & then when the sprinklers came on daily, that was the end of that. So I had to start using my noggin & this is what I came up with.
I only have to put about a teaspoon in each one, and the bait I now use is Ortho Bug Geta PLUS, kills slugs, snails, ants,earwigs & pretty much everything else. It stays dry inside & it has gotten to where I only have to dump them about every 3 weeks now. Ants are my bigger problem, even before the snail/slugs and once I put bait out & they die from it, I cannot get them to take that bait again. Smart little pests! But this way, even if they don't actually EAT this bait, they are walking on it & polluting themselves & the nests because they just cannot resist the tempatation of a dead bug! Is that wonderful or WHAT! lol
And the added bonus is, a container of bait will last for AGES this way! I used to use a box a week! Ahh, life is good, is it not? hehehe If you look close, you can actually see a snail inside the trap. And off to the side you can see 1 that managed to crawl out, he suddenly had a tummy ache & was headed home to sleep it off, and WHAM!
Bug Geta got him. hehehe ;~)

And in case your wondering, they are usually not out in the open like in the picture. I have them tucked behind plants so they are invisible. LOL