Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: A wander around the Vic and SA border area. , 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: A wander around the Vic and SA border area.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A wander around  the Vic and SA border area.
77sunset wrote:
Thought I would post these as a quick look around the corner of the country where I live. We are about and hour from the SA border and often go wandering around .
This was from a days outing yesterday in which we found ourselves crossing back and forth over the border about 5 times.
The river and the roads all meander about so much , one never knows which sate we are in .
At one stage of the drive , we found ourselves crossing the border about 3 time sin half an hour as we roamed around the back tracks.
Many different types of countryside here. Most is now under plantations ( both pine & eucalyptus)
There is a lot of open dairy farm area with rolling hills
Plenty of flat land which gets covered in shallow water filled with water birds of all sorts.
Plenty of eucalyptus forest along with limestone formations and caves.
The caves go right back up into SA . We had an enjoyable walk through the forest above the Princess Margaret Rose caves.
We have been down in the beautiful caves before but just did the walk above this time.
Enjoy the pics, Not great ones but it was a windy and dull day . The sun was out for quite a bit but not when I was taking any pics..
Jean.

pic 1.....a pretty little hidden picnic area
pic 2...the creek nearby
pic 3 ..Port McDonnell
pic 4 ..another view of the town
pic 5.. along the beach.