Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 110, 0 by chookie2

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
chookie2 wrote:
Good morning everyone, Welcome Al always good to hear tales from afar.
yesterday I went for a Sunday drive to Warrnambool - went to the Sunday market but the plant lady was not there so I went to Bunnings and spent too much. Got a nice well grown Hazelnut to add to my hedge and now have two as pollinators. Got an Annie Blueberry too plus a few rescues and at last I brought my long wanted first zygocactus for my new home - a pink one unnamed .

Also a well grown camellia named Susan - well I couldn't resist ! I have been planted a named plant for each of my children and grandchildren but didn't think of one for me until I saw it there. It is going to be on the side fence where I can watch it flower from the window and also it will add to the privacy hedge for next door. Since I had the tall trees cut down for more sun they have had to look into my yard so I am trying to add back their lost privacy as fast as I can.

Thanks Karen for that info = the Beenleigh market won't be too far from my son at Labrador so I will get him to go look or maybe wait until I get there and go with him.

I added five goldfish to the second pond yesterday too - the frogs have made themselves so much at home that it is absolutely full of tadpole eggs - far too many - so I thought the fish may cull a few.I know many many will survive as the fish couldn't possibly eat that much. I want to encourage frogs but we are talking millions of eggs ! LOL The frog songs are getting louder as more frogs arrive , I have lost count of how many have found the ponds now but I love their night songs, my neighbours may not come Summer though!

Anthony I hope the frosts are not doing as much damage to your garden as mine did here- my poor plants have been really bitten hard and my Jostaberry burnt to a crisp- yes it also my brugmansia too.Hopefully Spring will see them recover , time will tell.