Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tomatoes & Peppers: OSU Blue growing well, 0 by juhur7

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright juhur7

In reply to: OSU Blue growing well

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of OSU Blue growing well
juhur7 wrote:
Once squirrels decide they like something it hard to say what they might do. We have a few red, and now the Black Bavarian squirrel has come from the north.They are pretty but maybe the hotter weather will drive them back north,supposedly they like the cooler climates.

Yeah it is me again about heirlooms ,it seems I am going back to them as it all I ever find I can grow.I have had a few yellow tomatoes and my red ones are still a while off.
The weather service says this is going to continue for years to come,so I have been collecting some tomato seeds that are suppose to do well in the heat and drought."broad ripple yellow cherry","sugar lump red cherry",seem to be good plants but not much production from either so far.
Here's a photo of my one good plant this year, that Ester Hess that tastes like the yellow tomatoes my grandparents use to grow.6ft and growing, I'm hoping for a least a few hundred tomatoes from this one." I know the cage is extreme"...

I almost forgot to add a thank you for the update and review.It is interesting ti know while considering and contemplating.