Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: My Daylilies are terrible this year............, 0 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: My Daylilies are terrible this year............

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Daylilies are terrible this year............
wrote:
Here in Wyoming our spring was like summer. Now we are getting hot August weather. It has been 90's for weeks. It has affected my DL's with lower leaves turning yellow. Plenty of buds that are opening. The demise of the lower leaves is from the heat, coupled with drying winds. Other than that, they look great. I hope I will get some seed pods from my crosses. Daylilies have started to bloom, including my seedlings but Tets are difficult to pollinate when it is hot. I do it early in the morning before leaving for work. .

It is also affecting Irises. The high temperature came on too suddenly and fast. Plants had no time to adjust. Irises bloomed in May when they are suppose to bloom in June. They are long gone finished but I have plenty of pods ripening.

Forgot to mention that the photo seed sown from sprouting fall 2010 and planted in coldfram May 2011. Seeds were purchased. First bloom with more coming... It is a keeper.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 5:34 PM