Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Memory Garden: (Fancyvan) Carol Vanvelzer, 0 by melody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright melody

Subject: (Fancyvan) Carol Vanvelzer

Forum: Memory Garden

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of (Fancyvan) Carol Vanvelzer
melody wrote:
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom"...Marcel Proust

Carol Vanvelzer, known to us as 'Fancyvan' joined DG on Sept. 9, 2004.
She was known throughout DG for her wonderful shelties and her equally wonderful gardens.

Carol was a fixture for many years here at DG and made many close friends throughout the community. She was active in so many of our forums, but especially the Pets Forum and the Canadian Gardening Forum.
We all delighted in the antics of her beloved shelties and followed the stories of her foster dogs as she tirelessly worked to place them in loving forever homes.
Carol often said that her beloved Fancy was worse than a bunny rabbit and she had to fence off the vegetable garden to keep her from eating the young cabbages and peas.

Carol had some stunning gardens and often opened her home to other DG members for roundups. Her love of growing things shone throughout her property and many of us wished for the talent she had for stunning combinations of texture and color.

I located this image of her where she posted it in the Pets Forum several years ago.
It was taken on the Blessing of the Animals Day at her church in Calgary.
Her lovely smile and her beloved shelties are how I plan on remembering my friend.
She was a giving person and friend to all.