Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Cotinus damage, weird spring- need advice!, 0 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Cotinus damage, weird spring- need advice!

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Cotinus damage, weird spring- need advice!
Pfg wrote:
Last weekend was killer hot, in the 90's, so I didn't get to everything. I asked our garden helper to do it, but he spent so much time on the euonymus Alata he didn't get to it either. By this weekend it had started to bloom so I didn't have the heart to really whack it down, just tried to balance it some.

Somehow I didn't realize how much of an angle it had been growing at until I went to cut it back. When I'm in the garden I'm usually working on the beds and focusing on the flowers. From the house, where its contribution to the big picture can be best appreciated, it looks fine. It will be interesting to see how it fills in over this summer. I'm thinking that next spring I may end up cutting it back to 3' or so and let it start over. It's good to know that it comes back so quickly and vigorously.

Thanks for the advice... I needed an OK and a nudge...

Pam