Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Show us your Spring Flowers, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Show us your Spring Flowers

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show us your Spring Flowers
Gitagal wrote:
Sally---

Foxgloves are seriously Bi-ennial. Their seed is like dust.....flies everywhere....
Comes up in the fall and grows into nice rosettes of leaves. Good to move them at this stage to where you want....

The leaf-rosettes survive the winter and continue growing in the spring into massive plants that send up
tall spikes that bloom from the bottom up and keep on going....The need staking....

Be careful in handling this plant--in all respects. Especially the seed-collecting.
You do not want to inhale any of the seed or, accidentally, swallow any seeds. They are extremely toxic!
They contain a compound that can affect your heart/and other organs---as the other name for Foxgloves is "Digitalis".

I have plenty to share. let mew know if you will want some. So far--they are not on your "wants" list to me.

Don't let the scare tactics bother you. Same as Brugs and Daturas and Morning Glories---they are all equally toxic.
Use common sense--wash your hands, etc.....These are my two colors---may be a bit deeper pink??

Gita