Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: It's Spring Chat and Pictures, 0 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: It's Spring Chat and Pictures

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of It's Spring Chat and Pictures
wrote:
I have never seen so many different and beautiful tulips as on this forum. I used to grow them years ago but gave up since squirrels love them. Little by little they disappeared along with the crocus. Also love the pool photos and the planting around them. So natural.

Our spring here in Wyoming is almost a month early. I have never had bearded irises bloom in April. This year not only the early dwarf are blooming but the bearded irises are also not far off and some are blooming. Dwarf itises usually bloom mid-May followed by the tall bearded early to mid-June. So glad I saved iris pollen from last year. The warm weather came suddenly and caught me by surprise. I am making a rock garden, potting up iris seedlings from my crosses, likewise my daylily seedlings. Too many projects that needs to be done now before hot weather.

I am thrilled to see that one of my daylily crosses bloomed today. Sowed October 2010, planted in the coldframe May 2011. It is 7" tall with 3" blooms. Pod parent Happpy Returns x Purple de Oro. Below are the parents, and the child . Needless to say, I am thrilled.