Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: About how many daylilies, 0 by nutsfordaylily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsfordaylily

In reply to: About how many daylilies

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of About how many daylilies
nutsfordaylily wrote:
Mainer, I would be like you, not ready to give up gardening yet. Good for you. A die hard. Glad to hear you're better and so is your Mom and Dad. Cancer is such a tough thing to beat, and I like to hear it when people do beat the big C. My mother died of cancer much too young, back in 2001. Wish she were still here. Love your seedlings. Kudos on your hybridizing efforts. Keep it up. I'm just getting into it myself, and getting ready to sow some daylily seeds from my own crosses. Gardening is great therapy.

gen2026, here are some pics of my gardens in bloom last summer. The first is of a daylily bed right behind the house that has primarily my late mother's seedling crosses. The next features two beds on either side of a big old pine log that we call 'The Bob Log', due to the fact that it was taken down just before hurricane Bob hit back in the 80's. I have a homemade trellis on one side that has a Nelly Moser clematis climbing on it. The third one shows a bed featuring a big clump of Shasta daisies. Another shot, different view, of that bed alongside 'The Bob Log'. And one more view of that bed.

Karen