Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 0 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone

Well, that’s another weekend over. We didn’t get a lot of rain but we didn’t see much of the sun either and it’s getting quite cool now in the evenings.

Thanks Nev for the links to the forum discussions on grass pups. I haven’t had a chance to read them all as yet but I most certainly will. I have quite a few grass pups growing on my very young glaziouana.and geniculata alcantareas but I have never tried to remove them. I remember being told to leave them on the parent plant ‘until they are as thick as your finger’ and I haven’t had any reach that stage as yet. Can you please tell me at what size you remove any grass pups on your plants and what mix you plant them in ?

Wendy, I love your bat plant. I have seen them for sale many times and have been tempted but have been told they are quite difficult to grow. Do they die back altogether in winter ?

Colleen, love the photo. You must be kept very busy. I totally agree that a few little helpers would make it easier and like you, I’ll let them take care of the housework while I spend the day pottering about in the garden. Mind you, a few strong and willing helpers wouldn’t go astray in the yard either … I could put them to work on the shadehouse.

That’s about it from me for tonight, hope everyone has had a good weekend.

I will attach a couple of photos of my broms which do have names - No 1 is Silverado, No 2 is Camelot

Shirley