Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 0 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Nev, love that Lady Luck neo. with its pink and gold leaves. I like the flowers on guz's, but I've never been drawn to the plant, so I've never added one to my brom collection.

Am feeling so much better today. I get a thing called Arterial Fibrillation from time to time and it is the most awful feeling, I can tell you. I have medication for it, and luckily, this time it worked. Last time I had to have it in huge doses via IV. And if that doesn't work, they put you under and give you electric shocks to try to stabilize the heartbeat. I really never want to go that far. So far, all attacks have lasted 48 hours, then cleared up, and this was no exception.

My garden is a bit neglected at the moment. Though I did water yesterday (then it poured rain). I shouldn't need to water today as everything looks wet enough, and more rain is expected this afternoon. Though my broms have faded some in colour due to the weird weather, I still get such pleasure looking through my window and seeing the colour still there.

Hope everyone has a fab. day. Wendy, did you say you were going away this weekend?

Karen

My Alcantarea Extensa pup has had a pup of its own. Seems too young for this, but here it is...

Also a noid that has coloured up now I've put it in a frangipanni tree...