Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 0 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi Karen,

It’s another fine day here today so now I can get back into the potting work that’s had an interruption over the weekend.

I didn’t mean to mislead you with that pic of Alc. ‘Bobby Gold’, it certainly isn’t mine plant, (I wish). I just posted it up to show the beautiful colours and just how much it sold for.

Just passing through quickly today and thought I’d give a change of pace with the pic’s and show a few examples of the variations that are available in the Ae recurvata forms. I’ve been collecting these for some time now as I find they are virtually “bullet proof” here where I live and can take anything you want to throw at them.

No. 1 is just the common Recurvata 'recurvata', No.2 is Recurvata 'Rising Sun', No 3. is Recurvata Benrathii, No. 4. is Recurvata 'Bushing Pineapple' and no. 5 is Recurvata 'Little Surprise'.

I have some others which I'll post tomorrow when I have more time

All the best, Nev.