Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 0 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone.
Like everyone else we had trouble with the pit out front filling with water when it rains which results in our phones crackling and sometimes not even working. Every time we saw a technician fixing someone's phone along our road we always knew someone else's phone would stop working. there just wasn't enough lines for the number of phones in the area. Anyhow we would get the telstra technician out and they would bucket the water out of the pit. eventually the crackling would stop once the line was dry. The worst thing was that the water filling the pit would eventualy overflow and run across out footpath. It got so bad we couldn't walk on the driveway because the water would flow across constantly and cause slippery moss to grow on the cement. Eventually Johnny decided to fix the problem once and for all. He opened the pit and drilled a whole through the side of the pit. Then he dug a trench across the grass to the curb. He placed a layer of rocks in the drain then put ag pipe in to take the water out of the pit. We haven't had a crackling phone since then and the footpath stays dry now.

Shirley we like to use 200ml and 250 ml squat pots. But we use whatever we have. A lot of people including a couple of landscapers now drop off their empty pots for us to use so we always have a supply of assorted pots under the benches.

Nev I wonder if that wriggler in your pic is a tadpole???? Maybe it grew its legs, turned into a frog and hopped away. We also woke today to strong south easterly winds so it has been much cooler last couple days and especially the nights. Max has decided he doesn't want to sleep in the airconditioned bedroom any more. He sleeps in Emily's room now and around 6am to 7am in the morning he headbuts the door to open it and comes in.

As I said in an earlier post we have been painting so I thought I would attach a picture of the lounge room before and after. First pic is the wall behind the TV in the old yellow colour. The 2nd pic shows the wall to the left of the front door showing the colour of the walls throughout the house and to the right of door is the feature wall behind the TV. The cupboard makes it hard to see but below the daddo rail is painted sandy day full strength and above is sandy day half strength. We now only have the bedrooms to do and I have one of those all cleaned and washed ready to go. We just have to push the bed to one side to paint 2 walls then move it back to get to other wall. One whole wall is covered in built in wardrobes so that helps.

Must be off to bed now. Night all
Wendy