Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Happy Birthday to Gita, 0 by greenthumb99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greenthumb99

In reply to: Happy Birthday to Gita

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy Birthday to Gita
greenthumb99 wrote:
Happy Birthday Gita!

A little chilly today, but you can go out and celebrate in nice weather in a couple of days. The photos Pat posted on this thread were taken with a Canon PowerShot SX30 IS, which I acquired at the beginning of the summer. A bit pricey (for me), but it is a pleasure to use. My older camera, a Canon PowerShot S50 did a really good job except for the blue-violet-purple flowers. There was an adjustment that corrected the hue, but I had to re-learn it and fiddle with the settings every time. You can get an equivalent camera of the same brand now in a similar price range as your old camera. The camera you have may include a set-up choice to solve your blues problem if you can figure out the documentation. Too bad Penn Camera closed most of its stores, as it was a good camera specialty store in the area with knowledgeable help that could address you problem, direct you to a well-priced camera that would meet your needs and show you how to adjust the settings for the color disparity.