Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Think Spring! Seed Swapping Discussion for Feb. 11 swap, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Think Spring! Seed Swapping Discussion for Feb. 11 swap

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Think Spring!  Seed Swapping Discussion for Feb. 11 swap
Gitagal wrote:
David---

I first got my Sun Gold seeds from a fundraiser (not sue=re who's?? maybe a farm-related one or Girl Scouts)
and they were passing out these wood plant markers with a few Sun Gold seeds glued on at the pointy end.
Maybe it was at one of our local Festivals??? At a table for some organization??? I do not remember...

Anyway--I decided to grow them out the following year. I likes what I got--and grew them again--and passed the seeds on
to people at work....etc....These tomatoes are VERY sweet and yummy!!!!

Of course--I have a very limited space garden--and, it is quite possible, that they might have cross-pollinated with my other tomatoes.
I really only grow about 3 or 4 types....
Cherokee Purple----Mortgage Lifter---Sun Gold---and have experimented with also a couple of others.

I do not know WHY I even grow tomatoes???? I eat so few of them. My reward is taking them to work and having
people OOH and AHH about them. I have, SOOOO willingly also shared seeds of all of the above with anyone asking me .
Like I do with any, and all, my seeds.

Now--I really, really liked the larger version that grew our of the Sun Golds! They were VERY good and kept on
producing until absolute frost. They climbed over my 8' fence and hung down to the ground on the other side.
I saved seeds from these also. Who knows what will result when I plant these next year????

Here is a picture of the two--for comparison.....