Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Getting colourful on the October Homestead, 0 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: Getting colourful on the October Homestead

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Getting colourful on the October Homestead
CajuninKy wrote:
I am about killed out as they say around here but I have had a good day. Didn't get to ride any but I did muck out 4 stalls, put 5 mares out in the riding ring for the night, went through some old tack and did all the regular chores. I spent over an hour this morning trying to make a flyer for the ladies conference at church and the program I was trying to use gave me a migraine. I'll try again tomorrow with a different program.

I planted some garlic and onions. I put them in pots. It's the pots I had tomatoes in this year. I have some 20gallon tubs for my maters for next year so I am repurposing the pots I used this year. My garlic and onions got crowded out of the SFG bed this year by that unknown french squash. Won't have to worry about that happening again.

I am reconfiguring my SFG beds over the winter so I can cover them easier in early spring and get started earlier. Also, 2 ft wide will be lots easier for me to harvest.