Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Orchids: Cool October Orchids, 0 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Cool October Orchids

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cool October Orchids
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
Speaking of phals . . . I hope you don't mind if I pick all your brains again - one of the two 'bargain' phals I got on Labor Day weekend suddenly started looking rather sad - the leaves are still green, but they're limp and sort of wrinkled. It was nearly finished blooming so I cut the flower spike off (it's in a vase on the table still looking pretty with 2 flowers after a week!). Then I hauled it out of the pot and found it squashed in there with a big wad of tightly packed, soggy sphagnum. When I pulled it all out of the roots, there was enough to fill 3 pots, I swear!

Anyway, I carefully trimmed out all the squishy, brown roots and repotted it in Phal mix - bark, coarse perlite and charcoal pieces. I had soaked the mix for a little bit before putting it in. I've been misting the leaves on dry days, and it's under an overhang so it doesn't get drenched when it rains. The plant is not getting any worse, but . . . well, it hasn't perked up, either. It's been a week. Anything else I can do?

It's the one in the white pot, it's sister - as you see - is still blooming wonderfully and very perky.