Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Thinking ahead to Fall planting and WS in 2012, 0 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Thinking ahead to Fall planting and WS in 2012

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Thinking ahead to Fall planting and WS in 2012
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
I have been raising flowers from seed for more than 15 years. I have found there are some that don't start in the garden and need a controlled enviroment, lights and warmth. No experience with Lobelia, but Aquilegia, Digitalis and Papaver o. will all reseed in the garden. The Campanula and Platycodon both need to be started indoors from my experience. I found plans for a light stand 15 years ago in Fine Gardening on how to build a stand and add simple shop lights. Has worked great for all these years til my bro moved in and now I have a small area set up in the bathroom. Over the tub I put a sheet of plywood and added lights from the shower rod,LOL. Looks goofy but works great. Shop light can be bought for under $15 at home depot (with 2 bulbs). I love taking care of my winter babies. Only problem is now that frost is due late next month, I'm running out of time to find homes in the garden for all my extra babies,lol. Seems like I always over plant. I did take many to our garden club plant sale this month but have trays of babies yet. I still have hundreds, lol. Is this growing babies like going shopping hungry (a big no no),LOL.