Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Where does everyone get there plant markers?, 0 by gprevost

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gprevost

In reply to: Where does everyone get there plant markers?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where does everyone get there plant markers?
gprevost wrote:
We are also a commercial garden in the San Francisco Bay Area of California (Nola's Iris Garden). We've been using See Fine Markers (photo below) as mentioned above; but they sell by the hundred (I believe) and they are very heavy so freight can get expensive. We use a Brother P-Touch with "TZ" tape. The TZ is the UV resistant and water proof and our original labels have been in the garden for 8 years. We have better luck using the black on white but also use the black on clear tape. My weeding crew has still been know to pull them out during weeding season (Spring), but they are getting better.

Weed control is a challenge. We do spray a commercial preemergent in the Spring and whenever we transplant. I also use Preen in my small personal gardening beds but it must be reapplied regularly.

Thank you for the suggestion on the Avery labels. I will give those a try for some other projects we have going on, like my potted plants.