Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 94, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 94

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 94
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining at the moment but I am not inclined to believe its promise. After the last few days of rain between sun , warm and cold, I give up and just dress in the usual layers and bear with it. what else can one do ?
It is very disconcerting though, to be outside in the sun then get rained on from some little puffy cloud which then scurries away to hide.
I did manage to get the grass out of my dutch irises. Its hard to grab the grass as the irises are so much like grass . Luckily the irises have a firmer hold on the ground than the grass so I havent pulled any out.
Lots of shoots on the roses and I must get out and give them their annual dose of epsom salts.

Hello Charleen. You will be into your real Fall weather soon enough. Enjoy the sun while you have it.
I do feel for the Texans as we know what bushfires can do.

Teresa, isnt it frustrating to have all those clothes on and the weather changes for the better ?
I have my dressing down to an art now. I only ever wear t-shirts as a first layer so I can always get down to that if needed . I can then put on jumpers , vests, coats etc as needed.
Hubby starts with l/sleeve skivvies , then jumpers. This means he cannot get down to something cool if the sun comes out.
I dont know how many times , he has had to buy a cheap t-shirt while we have been out shopping.

Hello Chrissy. I used that Charlie Carp once, but couldnt stand the smell around.
I much prefer the smell of dynamic lifter. More earthy rather than something gone off.

My winter hippie is nearly out Colleen. I will have to call it a spring hippie here.
I have lots of seedling hippies growing well.
My large ones are all getting lovely leaves. I put them in the greenhouse during winter and will move them out into the sun soon.
Hope all goes well wtyh all your renovations.

Dianne, your brugs seem to be going really well.
Mine are so slow here. The micro climate on top of our hill can be very harsh at any time of the year.
I wish I could put up a very tall fence sometimes to make some shelter for the plants. Being on a bit of a slope may be good for drainage, but the wind can get to all the areas .
I am so glad I planted so many trees as they do a fairly good job in places.

Hello Elaine, Pam, Karen and Anthony. Hope all is well in all your gardens.
Louise must be busy and I do hope she has not been in any of the weird weather there.
I am not going outside yet as there are clouds looking at me through the window.
I will do a bit of sewing.
I have hems to take up on my new track pants.
I wonder sometimes. what shape the manufacturers use as a design guide. I am not short but still have to take off at least 3"- 4"from the legs of the pants.
Better move as hubby is calling. He is resting in bed as his back is playing up. I keep telling him that with all the metal bits he has in his spine, he needs to go into a garage once a year for some grease to keep them loosened up.

Have a happy day all and enjoy this Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
Jean.