Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Best Marking Method, 0 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Best Marking Method

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Best Marking Method
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
The last 2 years Iv'e had an early 1rst frost, am hoping for mid oct also. Ref. ferting, wouln't go past the last of Aug., that way any new growth will be hardened off before 1rst freeze. Gosh since your weeding is done I have a bunch that needs to be done, lol. I'm hoping for some cooler weather or clouds so I can work in the garden all day. Still preparing ground for the iris, hope to get to planting sometime this week. My grandkids go back to school tomorrow so I'll have mornings to get some things done and get caught up on all my yard projects. The main reason I like Long's is its a dig your own, they give you a fork to dig your plants. I walk the ilses looking for the largest of the variety I want. This year their prices were 8.50, but when you stop to think, once you get home it can be divided, some of the plants had 3-10 rhizomes. In the unnamed feild are the larger plants. They do have mail order, but I love to see the feilds in bloom. Not sure I will need to go for a few years since my latest aquisition,lol. .