Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011, 0 by springer99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011
springer99 wrote:
Hi everyone,
there you go Nev, you have offers all over the place, just depends if you have microsoft office with excel in it :)
Oh Wendy, that's no good about the fingers, I know on really cold mornings here that my fingers ache when I type, so I'll probably get that too when I am older, I am fairly quick at typing, as in I use all my fingers and don't have to look at the keys, but I am no where near as quick as a receptionist, lol, and I have to hit backspace quite often as I get a bit carried away sometimes, lol. Need to proof read more often ;)
Yeah when we came home in the new year after a week in prosperine, our computer died too, it was the motherboard as well, and it was only 3 years old!!! then they fixed that and the screen died, and the video card frig me!!! LOL It was a very very expensive tower 3 years ago when we brought it, top of the line as I was doing a lot of internet work on it and the old one just wasn't keeping up with me, so it still worked out cheaper to fix this one than replace it. Then our laptop died too!!! Didn't replace it. Only have the big desktop one now. I would love one of them Ipads, but hmmmm, out of my budget I'm afraid, lol.
Your potty plants are very cute wendy, he he he he, I'm sure they'll sell very well.
I keep meaning to ask, the seedlings you sent me, do you know what date they germinated? A few people have seen them and asked me how old they are and I have no idea. They are growing very well in the little brom house we built and haven't looked back since they arrived, touch wood.
I decided to try a couple of trays of sphagnum too, only as I seem to be having no luck getting my vriesea seeds to germinate, so I had a couple left over and thought I'd just try something different, however, after doing it, I read somewhere that if you use sphagnum, they will be over run with algae! Hmmmmm DOH!!!!! Oh well live and learn they say. So we'll see what happens there, again not holding my breath.
I just want to see some vriesea babies sprout!!!!
Here is a pic of another one we were given the other day, yet another NOID to the collection, it had a couple of pups hanging off it too and has past it's prime, but even if it's just one to add to the garden somewhere until it finishes pupping and rots away. Jason brings all sorts of things home that people give him and i'm not complaining. I'll take a photo of the brom house we built and add it later, I have some on facebook but we've added a little shelf outside now, so I'll take a new photo.
Tash

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011 11:08 AM