Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Hail damage., 0 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Hail damage.

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hail damage.
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
highalt.....Hi fello coloraean, I'm in Kiowa, south and east of
denver at 6800-6900ft. I have friends over on Leehill, and supplied them with most of their perenns, when they allowed me to help build their strawbale home, was so very fun. Anyway to your question, that four letter word I have learned to hate (h--l), I myself got blasted a week ago and garden is nothing but sticks at the moment. Yes cut back any and all damage, not only does it help with aestetics but when plants are stressed the g-hoppers move in. Most plants that bloom once a year,(ie early spring are done til next year), any all season bloomers will regrow new stems and continue to bloom. Ref. Delphs. yes cut back, the sooner the better. I have personally found my Delph will bloom a second time in late summer, tho much shorter, whether h--l damaged or not. Hope that helps. Good Luck, Kathy. Pix is delph ( caged because of those tall four legged ****, I have 6-10 that go through the yard every morning. Sure wish hunting was allowed here, would bag me a few for some fresh venison.